- Protect yourself by getting enough sleep, and exercise, even if it’s just walking around the block. There are many exercise videos online.
- Try to help others. This makes you feel part of the cure rather than just feeling helpless.
- Just like your former life, make personal connections. Use technology such as Skype, Zoom, or Facetime to stay in contact with family and friends.
- Don’t watch the news, listen to talk radio, and limit social media. This just inundates you with people’s views, not facts, and can produce anxiety.
- See what goals you may be able to work on with working at home. Develop a routine.
- Take on a project or learn something new. Now is a great time to tackle a task you’ve been putting off or start a new hobby you’ve been thinking about.
- Stay mindful by checking in with yourself and keep from feeling anxious by calming your thoughts by taking deep breathes.
If you are feeling overwhelmed or desire the need to talk with a therapist, I am offering safe, secure online therapy sessions. Please contact me or call 310.553.9020. Stay safe and we will get through this!